So, when I came up with a plan to travel alone, without R, to take the kids to visit my cousin for spring break, I almost didn't go through with it. You see, I hadn't seen this cousin in 25 years. I was going to have to drive 950 miles by myself and I was going to have to stay in a hotel by myself. But, growing up is good for us and at 38 years of age, I am still growing up. So, I suppressed my anxiety, listened to my husband's encouraging words, and went. And I am so glad I did. We had a wonderful trip.
Armed with many hours of books on CD from the library, we began our adventure. Our drive took us through New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, a small few miles into and then out of Georgia, our destination in Tennessee, and a day trip into Alabama.
We had a great time with my cousin and her family. Her boys, and B and C are just a year apart in age and they hit it off great.
The kids enjoyed all of the animals, especially Corinne, who enjoyed helping my cousin's one son with caring for all of the animals. (3 dogs, 2 cats, gerbils, a rabbit, and one of their 3 horses.) One of my cousin's son's took us on a riding tour of my Aunt and Uncle's property.
We took a day trip to Alabama to visit the Rocket Center in Huntsville, and go bowling. We got to see lots of rockets, planes, and other space related items.



We also spent a day in Chattanooga where we visited the Aquarium,
One evening my Aunt and Uncle hosted a family dinner.
It was hard to say goodbye when we had to leave. It had been such a wonderful trip.
On the way home, we discovered the Army Heritage Center in Carlisle, PA. We had fun seeing all of the outdoor exhibits and stretching our legs.
5 comments:
Did you get to meet Nipper?
Yes we did. We met all of the animals at both houses.
Great pictures. Can't believe how much their kids have grown and changed.
I can't believe how much G and A have grown!!! I'm so jealous. Wish I could've been there sharing in the girl talk.
What a trip!! I am so impressed! So glad that you had fun.
Post a Comment