Background

Saturday, June 19, 2010

An update on B

So, I was just checking our blog and realized that I never blogged about B's track season or his birthday. I'm behind. So, here is a quick update.



B ran track this spring. He had been looking forward to it ever since cross country season ended. He tried every running event except for hurdles. His favorite ended up being the 800 meter. Over the season he improved by 1 minute 15 seconds. One reason for the huge improvement was that he quit running the 1500 which was right before the 800. It is a little hard to run a 1500 and then turn around 5 minutes later and run an 800. He also tried throwing the discus but didn't start that until the end of the season so he only got to throw at one meet. He didn't throw it far but his coach said his form was great so he'll keep at it next year and the distance will come.

B also celebrated his 13th birthday in May. Ahhh!!!!! We now have a teenager in the house. He's a good teenager though. He completely cleaned up the kitchen for me the other night. He loaded the dishwasher and washed the dishes with no complaining and I only had to ask once.

No comments: