Background

Sunday, July 25, 2010

P turns 5

P celebrated her 5th birthday last week. She was so excited that she started counting down about 6 days in advance. It started by her asking me how many days until her birthday and then asking "if you don't count today, then how many days is it?" She only had to ask that one time and then she remembered on her own. Every day she would let us know how many days were left until her birthday and would then inform us "and if you don't count today then there are only .... days left."

This year she wanted a princess cake and I was excited to get to make her one. C never like princesses so I didn't get to make her a princess cake. My Mom had made me a great princess cake for one of my birthdays and I was excited to get to do the same thing for P. It turned out pretty good and P loved it.

We opened presents as a family when R came home from work.



B was absent since he was at scout camp last week. We were sad that he missed the party but we took lots of pictures and video to share with him when he got home.

P got lots of great presents, including money which she can't wait to go shopping with, and a doll house that was hidden in the laundry room since it was too big to wrap.

After dinner some neighbors came over (their daughter is P's really good friend) and we had cake and ice cream. It is always more fun to invite friends over to share the cake with, and that means that it gets eaten up faster and less of it gets eaten by me.

Now that P is 5, she'll be off to kindergarten this year. I can't believe how fast she is growing up.

5 comments:

W.E. said...

She looks plenty happy. That dollhouse is large.

NoryB said...

Might I suggest an abbreviation for you daughter other than "P". Maybe, "Ph". That way, us immature people don't die laughing when we see that "P" has only been around for 5 years (I know personally, I've been doing it for 32 years).

(I predict that following this comment, "B" will start moderating comments before allowing them to be posted for all to see)

farmerette said...

NoryB you slay me! The kids loved seeing the pics and Kiana sais she needs to come visit so she can play with the awesome new dollhouse. I thought the cake turned out great too. Happy Birthday (though a little late)Ph!

Connie said...

What a cutie! Hard to believe she'll be starting school - last time I visited she was a baby!
What a great family -

Love and miss you all!

無糖甜點 said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, thanks for your information and photos. I will go on to follow your blog. If you have time, you can come to my blog and feel free give me some comment, more important thing is be follower!

(My blog is http://sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)