Background

Monday, March 16, 2009

A Sweet Weekend

One of my big motivations for starting this blog was that I wanted to have a way to keep track of, and share, the big (and little) things my family is doing. Since I didn't get this blog started until last week, please forgive me as I back track a little to share one of the most important events happening in our family this year.

February 6th was C's 8th Birthday. She had an eventful (and sweet) weekend. It started with doggy cupcakes (sorry no picture and they really were cute) that she shared with her class Friday morning. Then after school it was fun candy topped cupcakes shared with her 11 friends at her birthday party at the bowling alley.

That was followed by dinner and a party at home, with both sets of Grandparents, topped off with Devils Food Cheesecake (a huge family favorite) from Juniors in NYC.

The event continued Saturday morning with C's baptism. It was a wonderful experience made extra special by the fact that both sets of Grandparents were able to be there. Lots of church and non-church friends attended. It was especially meaningful to me as I helped her do her hair that morning before we left, helped her change into the baptismal jumpsuit, and then change back into her beautiful white dress when it was finished. I kept thinking about the other time in her life when I will be helping her change into a white dress. It made me realize, in a way I hadn't before, how sacred and special our baptism day is. There are only 2 other days just as sacred and important in Heavenly Father's plan for us... the day we go to the temple for ourselves, and the day we go to the temple to be sealed.
C looked beautiful and I am so proud of her. She really is a special girl and I am honored and grateful to be her mother. I learn so much from her.

After her baptism we all consumed more sweets in the form of banana bread and pumpkin bread with chocolate chips. Oh well!

We finished this memorable weekend by attending R's steel drum concert at a local church. Of course, there were cookies and the kids all ate some...I passed.

2 comments:

heather said...

she's beautiful! what a special day...it makes me look forward to that with ashli...but i'm not going to wish the years by that fast lol. hooray for blogging :)

valrie s said...

We miss you guys so much! We thought of you on C's big day--she looked beautiful. Ainsley will be so happy to be able to see what is happening with her little friend.