

My all time favorite Easter picture is one my Mom took when I was about 10. I found the picture back when I was in high school and Mom and I were going through her envelopes of pictures as we updated everyone's albums. I told Mom that I wanted this picture in my album. She thought I was joking, but I was serious.

I love this picture because it makes me laugh so hard that, if I'm in the right mood and I try to explain this picture to R, I'll laugh so hard that I can't even talk. To me, everything about it is hilarious. Start with Leah. It isn't such a bad picture of her really. She looks pretty good, but what's up with the easter egg? It just looks so out of place. Next there is me. I'm squinting because, as usual, we are staring into the sun. And the expression on my face is definately entertaining. The picture gets even better when you look at Warren. He is doing the typical "kid getting their picture taken" thing. He doesn't really want to look where Mom is trying to get him to look, so he figures he can pretend he's looking there and then just move his eyes and look where he wants too. The best part of the picture is Byron. You might have to click on the picture to enlarge it in order to see the most important detail...the cotton ball in Byron's ear. (He must have had an ear ache the night before.) Oh well!
This year I've been getting together with a couple of other women from church and trying to figure out how to use my camera better. Thursday I took P with me and we went to take some spring pictures. Here are a few of the good ones.



And here are a couple of our Easter pictures from this morning. I couldn't get all three of them in the same picture because (although it wasn't raining) it was freeeeezing cold and by the time I got the picture of the girls they were too cold to stand still for a picture with B.

Happy Easter!!!!!
8 comments:
By W's facial expression he looks as though he thinks he's being watched by the FBI.
-L.E
Yeah, that picture is definitely a classic!
I think someone over-inflated Warren's head. It's huuuuuge!!!!! It looks like a 7 year old head on a 5 year old body. I still love you man
R
LOL My kids thought that picture was pretty hilarious too. I love what looks like a piece of tape holding the cotton in the ear. Poor kid. And why are we in the front of the house? We always did the hunt out back? We were probably moved out front so we'd have better light to get a better pic. Good thing it worked! I also love the too short ties.
wow...i totally see B in you in that picture :) cute one of the girls!! and B looks like such a young man...not the little boy i remember in the picture you have up above in the post. hopefully we'll get to see you all sometime in the next year :)
By looking at the relative sizes of all of us in the picture, I must have been several feet closer to the camera than anyone else.
I just want to say that your current Easter pictures are great, much better than the Easter picture you wanted me to save. It looks like the lessons are coming along.
Love your blog! OK, the cotton ball in the ear made me laugh out loud. I think that was definitely a '70's thing. I had many shoved in my ear. You Easter pics this year really turned out, very cute!
Post a Comment