Background

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday P

P turned 4 yesterday I can't believe how fast the time passes. She will be going to pre-K in just a month. Wow! I kind of wish she could be little forever but at the same time, I am enjoying each age, with her, so much. This last year has been great and I have loved just having her around, watching her play, and spending time together. Sometimes I feel bad that I don't have these same kind of enjoyable memories of spending time with B and C at this age. (I think it probably was due to the fact that when each of them were 3 1/2 and 4, I was either pregnant or had a new baby and didn't have time to focus on just spending time with them.) Consequently, once again I count it a blessing to have P because she has helped me learn to cherish another age as I've experienced it with her.
We celebrated P's birthday on Monday since Grandpa Kelly was in town for business.

She loved opening her presents and was happy to receive a shovel (and other garden tools) that she can "stand up and dig with" in the garden. She was also excited to receive some cute new clothes and 2 dolls with lots of changes of clothes to go with them. She has had the most fun playing with the cash register that C picked out and got for her.P's cake was a fish bowl, as requested.
Grandpa Kelly brought his ice cream maker with him so we had fun making home made raspberry ice cream with some of the raspberries that grow wild EVERYWHERE around here.
On another note, C got to have a tooth pulled on Monday in preparation for the braces she will be getting in a couple of years. (She gets to go back in a month and have another one pulled.) She wanted to share these pictures with you. Enjoy! :-)

5 comments:

W.E. said...

You have wild raspberries? I am jealous. Berries are so expensive in stores here and I just can't bring myself to pay so much for things that I grew up picking for free.

B & E said...

Nice cake. Did you use a fish bowl to make it or just shaved the cake?

B.Bird said...

I have 2 pyrex bowls the same size so I cooked it in them and then stuck them together and frosted it.

farmerette said...

P, It looks like you had a fun b-day celebration this year. We loved your cake. It looks really yummy.
C, Wow! We couldn't believe the roots on that tooth! That must have hurt! Thank goodness for pain killer.
Love, the country cousins

Cathy said...

Wow, your fishbowl cake is amazing! Happy Birthday P!