Background

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School Part II

P just had her first day of school today. She is very excited to be in Mrs. Johnson's morning Pre-K class. She gets to go to school for 2 1/2 hours Monday through Thursday.

Two of her friends (our neighbors) are also in her class.

Her favorite part of today was "getting to see all of the cool stuff like the sink at school and the cups at school."
Here are some of P's favorite memories from her first day. (They only went for 1 hour today.)

I liked that Clifford and the dog house is in our classroom. Mrs. James (the aid) got to wake up Clifford and Clifford sat on his house and he watched us. We put three dog bones in his bowl (for good behavior). There were little sticky things on the backs and we counted three dog bones in his bowl and then we put them up on a chart because there is a chart in our class. There was a little raccoon that was a puppet, that was an animal, and he didn't know our names so we passed him around and sang, "who's at school today?, who's at school today?" and I said P and then he knew everybody.
I was happy that P didn't have any issues with going and that she didn't mind at all when I left.

2 comments:

B & E said...

How exciting that you are big enough to go to school now, P. We are glad that you had such a good day.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! And personally I have a fondness for Clifford too!!