Background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Brother's Love...and protection

A little background to the following story:

Our church congregation is half families and half college students, about 99 percent of them being male. Every year a few of the students become close to our family and our kids. This year we have about 4 that come over on a regular basis for dinners on Sunday. Two of the guys in particular, (G and T) love teasing our girls.

Before church started this morning, P and C were sitting with G and some of the other students. G leaned over to P and said, "Watch out because T's going to try and steal your seat. Don't let him have it."

A couple of seconds later T came walking up and since all of the seats in the row were basically filled, and because he loves to give P a bad time, he said, "P, are you going to let me have your seat?"

P's response was a firm and confident "no!"

So T said, "Well, my Dragon is bigger than your dragon." (That's another funny story for another time.)

Anyway, P responded with her little 4 year old attitude and confidence, "Well my brother is B and he is 12 years old."

She was not going to be intimidated by some tall 25 year old guy and she let him know it. If he tried to mess with her, he'd have to watch our for her big brother. The fact that B is only half of T's size didn't matter in her mind. Her big brother would protect her.

3 comments:

erin sheely said...

Hey Brenda! I hope you don't mind, I found your blog through someone else's. :) I love all the pictures of your family!

farmerette said...

That is a seriously sweet story! Hey B, I hope it made you feel good that your sister looks up to you so much. It means you are doing an awesome job in the big brother department!

Anonymous said...

So sweet. I had 4 brothers that they did come in handy. I loved having more boys than girls in my family. See you guys soon.