Background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

2009 In Review


My original intention was to do our 2009 Christmas letter on our blog. Christmas was almost a month ago and I am just now getting this done so I guess I'll call it a New Year's letter. Since I started this blog back in March of 2009, you can find pictures and descriptions of the fun things that happened in our family this year by just looking through our blog. Here are some of the highlights.
R - Still in the Branch Presidency and staying busy with work. Skied in Utah with his Dad. Played at the opening day of the new Yankee Stadium (see picture above.) Attended Scout Camp with B. Marched in the NYC Veteran's Day Parade.

Me - Young Women's President. Did "Mom" stuff all year...cook, clean, shop, homework help, etc. Planted a traditional garden for the first time (in addition to my container and square foot gardens in my back yard.) Beatles got the best of it but next year I'll be prepared for them. (P took the above picture of me.)

B - 7th grader. Ordained a Deacon in the spring. Took a father/son trip to Palmyra. Attended Scout camp. Achieved 2nd Class in Scouts. Snorkeled in California. Ran Cross Country in the fall. Plays percussion in the middle school band.

C- Social and artistic 3rd grader. Won a local art competition. Turned 8 and was baptized last February. Earned her orange belt in TaeKwonDo. Played in the ocean in California. Started Jazz dance this fall.

P - Danced in her first dance recital. Started Pre-K this fall. Loves to go to the library and also loves to help me cook.

We traveled to Utah and got to see all of R's family. The kids and I took a day trip to Philadelphia with some friends. B and C got to fly by themselves to California to go camping with cousins. We took a family trip to Boston in the Fall and spent our Christmas vacation in S.C. with R's parents.

As I've thought back on all that we've experienced and enjoyed this last year and how my children are growing up, I feel so blessed. We truly have a wonderful life and I know that we are blessed by our Heavenly Father, who loves us very much. Now we look forward to 2010 and all that it will bring.

Wishing you a VERY late Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and a very blessed 2010.

No comments: