I've had several request for the recipe for the pasta dish that I served so here it is.
First, thanks go to my MIL, SIL, and my SIL's friend. My SIL's friend brought the dish to her when her last baby was born. My MIL was visiting, loved it, and had my SIL get the recipe. My MIL then visited me and made it for us while she was here. We loved it and have made it several times since.
PENNE PASTA HOT SAUSAGE CASSEROL
1 lb Spicy Hot Italian Sausage (too spicy for my kids so I use pork sausage and add about 1 TBL of crushed red pepper.)
1 onion chopped (approx. 1/2 c.)
3 lg cloves of garlic minced
Brown the sausage and then add the onion and garlic and cook together.
Add to this:
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 TBL Basil
Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes (At this point you may refrigerate this until later but reheat to put together.)
Boil:
3 cups of penne pasta
Add:
1/3 c. pesto sauce to the hot tomato sausage mix.
Now, in a VERY large bowl stir together:
6 oz cubed mozzarella cheese (I usually use 8 oz)
8 c of raw spinach (I just use the whole bag so it is probably more like 10 c.)
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
cooked pasta
tomato mixture
Once mixed, put it all in a sprayed 9x13 pan and cover with 2/3 c Parmesan cheese.
Bake 25 minutes at 350.
3 comments:
Thank you! It sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it!
That sounds super yummy! We have people coming for dinner tomorrow and I'm thinking I may have to make this. Thanks!
Thanks for sharing. I guess I didn't get it from you while we were there but I now have it in my computer recipe file.
Post a Comment