Background

Sunday, November 8, 2015

My Car

By: P
For halloween this year I was a car. I started off by getting cardboard and making nets-which are cubes unfolded-for my car. I found some boxes that were the right size for my car but I had turn them inside out because they have writing on the outside. When I had all of the bases made and complete I had to find a way to put them together. Mom and I figured out we could use twist ties to connect the boxes. Now that we had the body of the car we got to spray paint it. I picked to spray paint it pink.
We also spray painted the inside of the car black. We put flashlights in the hood to look like headlights. When it came time to go trick or treating we turned on the flashlights/headlights then I didn't have to carry a flashlight. When I put the flashlights in my hood the front of my car sagged so I had to put in counter balance which we figured out is a 2 pound weight. 

My car looked cool but there was one last problem, the car was not supported enough. I decided to use 2 yard sticks to support the car. We drilled holes in the yard sticks then screwed them into the car. I taped sting to the hood then hole punched the top then put the sting through the hole then tied it I could pull the string and my hood would open.  That is where people put the candy.

I was now ready to go trick or treating. 

2 comments:

B & E said...

I love your car. Great job figuring out how how to do it all.

farmerette said...

So very cool and creative!