Background

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School

I'm always happy for school to end and for the kids to be out for the summer, but I am also always happy for school to begin again in the fall. I still dread the homework but I enjoy the change and the return of the schedule and structure (and the drastic drop in arguing and tattle-telling).

B started the 7th grade this year. He has all the normal classes and is taking band again this year as well as yearbook staff for his other elective. He's really excited about that.
C started the 3rd grade and once again, has a super nice teacher. She also has a ton of her friends in her class... heaven help her teacher.
P starts school next week.

5 comments:

farmerette said...

I hope your first few days have gone well! My kids don't start until the 27th but they are sure getting anxious to be back. I love you and know you will study hard and do great.
B, you will have to let me know how yearbook goes. I always thought it would be fun to do but was too chicken to leave my comfort zone and participate in it.
Love, Aunt Leah

B & E said...

I hope you both have a great year at school. It seems that school just got out. Where has the summer gone?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope everyone has fun at school. They are such cute kids. They sure look like their mom! We started school 2 weeks ago, and it has been nice to be back in a schedule!

Connie said...

Everyone is growing up SO fast! Our school starts next week.....It's hard to realize my baby is
in 8th grade! Arrggh! time flies!

W.E. said...

I never liked starting school when I was a kid. Since college I have been in the glad when it ends, glad when it starts camp. As much as I love summer break, I like the growth and challenges of the school year.