The extra bonus was that my Uncle and Aunt drove up from Tennessee with one of their granddaughters so that my Uncle and Dad could help my brother cut down a couple of trees in his yard. My uncle has lots of experience cutting down trees which came in handy for one tree that needed to come down in a small space. He did it like a pro.
Here are some pictures of the work.
The girls had a great time with my aunt and uncle's granddaughter. She was so kind to hang out with them all of one afternoon and another morning. They were sad to see her go.
My aunt and uncle's dog was also a huge hit. C really loves animals and had fun getting to know the dog.
I enjoyed getting to visit and spend time with my Aunt and Uncle. They are both wonderful people who I didn't get to know very well growing up (with them living in Tennessee and us in Washington) so I am so glad for the times I've gotten to spend with them now as an adult.
C had fun trying on Grandma's brace. It is quite the contraption.
Even though we were mainly there to help out, my Mom and C can't spend time together without doing some kind of craft project so besides working, there was also creating, drawing, painting, and sewing going on. We also went to the river front park one afternoon so the girls could play and enjoy the water features there.It is a beautiful park and being that it is in the South, there are swings instead of park benches. So fun!







4 comments:
Oh my goodness, I hadn't heard about your mom. What happened???
Glad she is getting better and that you had a nice visit!
Looks like a fun time! I can't believe how long Mom's hair has gotten since I last saw her!
That was Corrine in my brace.
I guess I didn't see all the pictures at first.
Post a Comment