I love teenagers... that deserves another post that I'll have to write some time when I feel like trying to put my thoughts into words...no easy task for me.
Back at the beginning of the school year, a couple of B's seminary classmates introduced him to a new band, Imagine Dragons. At the time they didn't have much air play time and I had never heard of them. B bought one of their albums on i-tunes and listened to it all of the time on his i-pod. He was always telling me how great their music is. Since we are behind, tech wise, in our house, he had no way of sharing the music with me, unless I wanted to put one ear plug in my ear while he listened on the other one. (He does that all of the time with his sisters.)
One day we were out driving and one of Imagine Dragons' songs came on the radio. I loved it! B kept asking me if I wanted him to make me a CD (you know, in that "I really want to share something I think is cool with you" kind of teenage way.) Life is crazy though and a couple of months passed. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, he was able to burn the CD for me so that we could play it in the van. That is all I have listened to for the last 2 weeks when I am in the van. One of their songs, On Top of the World (track 5), is my new favorite song. I LOVE that song. It always makes me smile and bounce. Sometimes, because I can be one of "those" sappy moms, I even get teary because it makes me so happy.
Thanks B!!!
3 comments:
Good job B. Way to keep your Mom up with the times.
You realize the lead singer is a member, right?
Yes NoryB.
Post a Comment