P started first. I can't believe she is in Middle School.
C was up next. She started High School this year and early morning seminary.
I also got to have a first day of School this year.
I started my Master's Degree in Mathematics Education at Teachers College, Columbia University. The buildings of Teacher's College are all interconnected and occupy one complete city block at the north end of Columbia University.Some of them are very old and have beautiful wood paneled walls and doors with real hard wood floors.
Twice a week I drive an hour into the city in the evenings for class. This semester I have 3 classes, one on Monday night and two on Thursday night. I have discovered the free audio books on Librivox. The first book I listened to...The Box Car Children! I will never get tired of that story. I read it so many times growing up and read it to my kids too. Next, I listened to the Blockade Runners, an historical fiction by Jules Verne. Now I'm listening to a Mystery by Carolyn Wells, an author I had never heard of before who passed away in 1942. She was originally a children's author and then wrote mysteries. I love mysteries so I decided to listen to one of her's. So far it is quite good. Listening has made the drive, that I dreaded, become something that I look forward to.
A week ago I wanted to attend a writing workshop so R and P went along and hung out in the Library while I was in the workshop. Then we took a walk around the Columbia Campus. It is beautiful and when you walk in the gates, you forget that you are in the middle of NYC.




No comments:
Post a Comment