This is the back entry way.
Since the road goes around the back of our quarters and our front door opens into a huge grassy neighborhood courtyard, everyone always comes to our back door. That means that people used to always enter my house through my kitchen. It is so nice to actually have an entryway now.We call this room the foyer.
Looking from the foyer down the "hall of doors" to our kitchen.

This space was once the living room of the adjacent quarters, now it is our living room.
(View from the foyer)
Another view from the foyer. The door that you see is technically the front door but no one, except for the neighbor kids, ever use it.
A view of the Living room from the stairs.
A view of the dining room from the front hallway.
Looking back at the dining room from the sun room. There is a huge closet behind those doors, in the space that used to be our stairs to the 2nd floor.
A view of the dinning room from the kitchen.
Looking into the kitchen from the dining room.
Looking back down the "hall of doors" from the kitchen to the foyer.

When some of our neighbors moved into one of the first sets of renovated quarters, their boys and C, who played at their house a lot, appropriately named this hallway "the hall of doors." In this hallway on the left, are two sets of double doors that open into floor to ceiling pantries. The next door on the left is the door that goes to the basement, and the last door on the left is another closet full of shelves. (Yes, when we first moved in I had a hard time finding the door to the basement. On more than one occasion, I opened the wrong door.) The first door on the right is now my laundry room.
And the other door on the right is the door to a half bathroom, another luxury of the new house, a bathroom on the main floor.

After Christmas we'll show you the upstairs. (Due to the "big bed swap", everyone is in new beds and is getting new bedding and paint for their rooms for Christmas.)
6 comments:
Wow, that place looks *really* nice. I like your choice of painting too. It looks great!
It looks awesome! I can't wait to see the upstairs.
that is just fantastic!!! i love it! i agree the painting is fabulous. i am so happy for you guys!!
i'm trying to picture it in my head from when i was there...does that mean you have 2 front doors now? you can tell me all about it when i call you in a few weeks :)
I'm so excited for you guys! The renovated housing looks awesome. Congrats!
I love your home, and the colors, granit counter tops and the dark wood cupboards, and those wood floors. It is awesome!!!. I wrote you a letter to thank you for your sweet note. I really needed your encouragement today.
Love ya Deanie
Post a Comment